Job Title: Floor Covering Estimator / Sales Professional
Responsible for completing detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets. The Estimator position requires estimating experience using C.A.D. software or a similar dimensional software product. Due to the nature of our business and our small size (under 10 employees) the appropriate candidate will be expected to perform many roles within their scope of work. Quoting, purchasing, project management, customer relations, etc. are all added facets of the business that the ideal candidate would have experience with. Experience in some or all of these additional disciplines is highly suggested.
• Determine respective quantities to complete a project based upon plans and specs.
• Obtain plans electronically from customers, contractors, and plan providers.
• Read plans and understand what materials go in each room.
• Read plans to determine quantities of materials required.
• Read specifications to understand the scope of work.
• Product knowledge or the ability to quickly learn it.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints, take-offs and other construction documents.
• Ability to communicate installation specifics, through drawing and oral communication
• Create carpet seaming diagram.
• Ability to build and grow relationships within the industry.
• Prepare a job cost report.
• Store plans and reports for future reference.
• Excellent, timely follow-up on all requests, questions, or concerns.
• Must be eighteen years of age.
• High school diploma.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Basic Computer skills, proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word) and software database.
• Experience in bid preparation, sales or related industry experience.
• 1+ years’ experience in material estimating related to construction materials and/or other industry related experience.
• Dimensional measuring software.
• Trade or College Education.
• Experience in installations of flooring materials helpful.
• Have existing contacts within the industry.
• RFMS measure knowledge is a plus.
Please provide an up-to-date resume and brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position and your salary history and/or requirements.
Email to: Rosalie@floorauth.com
Flooring Authority, Inc.
6 Sam Stratton Road
Amsterdam NY 12010
We kindly ask for no phone calls to our office, as a means to further your application process. Please do not personally deliver resumes to the store. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.